Friday, July 07, 2006

50% of 2006: Five & Dime Report

Some of you have been reading this blog long enough to remember the Five & Dime reports - essentially, I ask a truckload of gamers "What games did you play 10 or more times this year (dimes)? What games did you play 5-9 times this years (nickels)?"

Well, I played 559 games (42 of them for the first time) in the first six months of 2006. (Yes, that is a lot of boardgaming... I'd like to thank the Fresno Gamers, my Wed. nite Under 30's group, and my eldest son, Braeden, for making my obsession possible.)

This is my five & dime list for the first six months of 2006... I'll comment on it after you get through looking at it.

DIMES
  • Scene-It (both Disney & "vanilla")
NICKELS
  • Akaba
  • Chicken Cha Cha Cha
  • Diamant
  • Frechdachs
  • Funny Bunny
  • Hallo Dachs
  • Hisss
  • Kangi Cup
  • Kayanak
  • Loopin' Louie
  • Marrakesh
  • Max MauseSchreck
  • Monkey Mission
  • Oh, What A Mountain
  • Papua
  • Prizzincn Pimpernel
  • Return of the Heroes (w/expansion)
  • Tanz der Hornochsen
  • Treasure Falls
  • My First Uno

First, why Scene It? Braeden has fallen in love with Disney Scene It... and is actually quite good at it when he doesn't get questions about movies like Old Yeller and The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes.

Second, notice that there are only four "adult" games on the list... and three of them are "lightweight." Sigh - lots of gaming time with my son & with a Bible study group who likes Papua very much, but not so much with heavy-duty gamer-y types.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of many of the games you mentioned. I have a special place in my heart for my dime game of Settlers of Cattan, with or without the Cities and Knights Expansion. I also have a few other dimes: Uno (with a mean little twist I just learned last year), Chicken Foot dominoes, Racko, Gin Rummy, and Cribbage. My nickels are Xbox Dance Dance Revolution, Chess, and Checkers. I happen to love Pente, but nobody in my circle knows how... Oh, well. It remains a nickel. Encore is a good one if you have a lot of musical people in the room.