Sunday, July 16, 2006

Collin's First "Game"

Which, OK, really wasn't a game in that

A. it's Snail's Pace Race by Ravensburger, which is barely a game even when you play it by the rules, and

B. with a 15 month old, rules are kind of a foreign concept (as is "don't put that in your mouth" and "please stop throwing your food to indicate that you have finished eating.")

Still, it was really fun to set out a game and have both of my boys join me at the table. I'm looking forward to this being a regular thing for the three of us.

Later in the morning, Braeden & I ended up playing my newest trade acquisition (thanks to the Bazaar at BGG), Jurassic Park: The Lost World Game. (More on that in another post!) While we played, Collin sat in his high chair & played with "his" dice. Yes, my Secret Plan For Creating A Third Gamer In My Family is working out just fine.

1 comment:

Gerald McD said...

Great photos of great-looking kids.

We bought Snail's Pace Race (primarily because it was from Ravensburger and very colorful) for our grandchildren (years ago) --- it didn't get much table time, because it was way to simple for them. Best to just let them play with the pieces, any way they wish. I do believe you have two gamers on your hands, there.