Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Two Spikes

Spike #1:

My pastor, Ed Stetzer, (who also happens to be the head of Lifeway Research and a guy with a large social media footprint) was kind enough to feature one of my classic blog posts in his daily "Morning Roundup" post on The Exchange blog. Readership of aka pastor guy shot up - which is both weird & cool.

The post he referenced - Marryin' & Buryin': How Much Should I Pay the Pastor? - was already the most popular post in the 9+ year history of this blog. Now, it's even more popular, like the good-looking kid whose parents bought him a convertible for his 16th birthday. I expect the post to go tooling around the neighborhood with the top down, blaring 38 Special & Triumph to the neighbors. (Well, that's what I would have done if my parents had bought me a car for my 16th birthday.)

Spike #2:

My good friend & Top 100 Games compadre, Stephen Glenn, is a game designer of some note... and I want to play his newest publication as soon as possible.

It's named Spike, thus giving it a place in this blog post.

Stephen has done some great games:
You should try them all. :-)


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Balloon Cup; I've been playing a lot of it on Yucata.de recently. Shame it's out of print, as I'd love a copy. Piñata just doesn't seem quite the same as a nice hot air balloon race! :)

And I hear good things about Rattlebones. So will definitely check out "Spike"!

Mark (aka pastor guy) said...

I also love Balloon Cup... but Piñata is actually the original version of the game. I've played it - and while it's an adjustment, it's just really good that the game is out there where folks can get it.

Spike got a glowing pre/review from Dale Yu over on the Opinionated Gamers website... http://opinionatedgamers.com/2014/10/28/dale-yu-first-impressions-of-spike-rr-games/

Unknown said...

Ah, I didn't realise Piñata was the original version! Interesting! It does have those lovely candy-wrapper-shaped pieces instead of cubes going for it too... :)