- 2012: 59th
- 2010: 74th
- 2005: 28th
- appeared on all three lists
- rank: 1304
- rating: 6.38
Why It's On The List
- Despite all the Settlers trappings, this is a racing game - albeit one with a very nice exploration theme and some very different strategies you can try to win the race.
Tips & Tricks:
- Once you know the game, it's 15 minutes per player - making it a great super-filler at game nights.
- The tendency is to over-emphasize ship-building... but there are perfectly viable strategies that concentrate on production & building your settlements.
- The expansion to the game (only published in German) had some great ideas... but simply ended up making the game longer & slower (The ideas were, for the most part, reimplemented in the Anno 1701 board game... which you'll be hearing more about later on in this countdown!).
- The game is lightly connected to a computer game I've never played - evidently a civ-building game. (We've just exhausted my knowledge on the subject.)
- Here's what I wrote about Anno 1503 for The One Hundred.