- 2012: 69th
- 2010: 64th
- 2005: 18th
- appeared on all three lists
- rank: 204
- rating: 7.13
- in print
Why It's On The List
- An innovative use of cards (you can't rearrange your hand!), a clever theme (bean farming), and some nifty rules to create a barter economy combine to make a great, great game.
Tips & Tricks:
- Just because you can trade something doesn't mean you should trade something - pay attention!
- A third bean field is only a good idea if you do it EARLY..
- While the game will play with 3-7 players, I think that the sweet spot is 5-6.
- I'm a huge fan of the High Bohn expansion for the game (which adds Cosmic Encounter-ish powers & a Wild West theme)... but I never get to play it.
- The 2 player version - Al Cabohne - is actually a lot of fun... but kinda tough to locate.
- Here's what I wrote about Bohnanza for The One Hundred.
- Here's a page from my old website (Game Central Station) about rules mistakes & Bohnanza expansions.