- 2012: 60th
- 2010: 48th
- 2005: 48th
- appeared on all three lists
- rank: 620
- rating: 6.80
Why It's On The List
- A negotiation game - well, actually a bartering game - with multiple ways to enhance your score... and the dice add a nice helping of uncertainty & tension.
Tips & Tricks:
- It plays best with 4 players.
- While I've been warned that there was/is a potential kingmaker problem, it's never been an issue for me.
- The game was reimagined as Edel, Stein & Reich (published by Alea but never in English)... while that's a fine game that will allow five people to play, I like Basari better.
- It's almost themeless - though someone once suggested it's about young Arab merchants trying to prove their worth as potential husbands to a caliph in fame [vp's], wealth [gems], and physical process [circling the board]... but it's nowhere in the rules themselves!
- Here's what I wrote about Basari for The One Hundred.