- 2012: 36th
- 2010: 16th
- 2005: prior to publication
- rank: 1756
- rating: 6.84
Why It's On The List
- While I didn't like Klaus Teuber's attempt to make Anno 1503 deeper via an expansion - I thought it was bloated & made the game much too long - I think his 2nd attempt at a similar game was very, very successful. And that's Anno 1701, which feels like a cross between The Settlers of Catan & Anno 1503.
Tips & Tricks:
- There are lots of options to harvest victory points (which can win you the game) - but you can't try to do all of them.
- The island tile sets are nearly identical - the brown ones are just farther from the starting point.
- Sadly, this game has never been published in English - there are some translation issues but they shouldn't be an insurmountable barrier.
- Not liking Settlers of Catan does not necessarily mean you'll dislike Anno 1701 - give it a try!.