- 2012: 41st
- 2010: 46th
- 2005: 15th
- appeared on all three lists
- rank: 1148
- rating: 6.69
- in print
Why It's On The List
- No holds barred, this is my favorite "party" game - it's got enough trivia to please trivia buffs... but the whole "one answer at a time" mechanic makes it work for people who don't carry around lots of useless knowledge in their heads.
Tips & Tricks:
- We start all the pawns one space in front of START - that way, a 'judge' who makes his bet and/or a person who ends up with the Smarty Pants and no chips both still get a reward.
- There's another variant we like... a 'judge' who's feeling lucky (or smart) can "double down" on his yes/no bet - either gaining two spaces or losing them.
- We've been pleasantly surprised that with the addition of two sets of expansion cards, we've been able to take enough time with the game to come back to the original cards "fresh"... and sadly make the identical mistakes we made a couple of years ago in our guesses.
- Here's what I wrote about Smarty Party for The One Hundred.