- 2012: 44th
- 2010: 75th
- 2005: 46th
- appeared on all three lists
- rank: 4110
- rating: 6.15
- way out of print (but there is a new copy on BGG for $20!)
Why It's On The List
- It's an adventure game with some similarities in theme & style to Tales of the Arabian Nights... and it's also an investment/pickup & deliver game, where bringing home loads of high-quality ivory, gems & the like helps propel you to victory.
Tips & Tricks:
- Wisely using your adventure cards to make moves is the key to winning the game... ignoring them & just rolling the die is a recipe for disaster..
- I created an "inheritance" variant - the simplest version is posted on the Geek. (Basically, if you die, any money you've 'banked' at Basra stays with you... your 'new' pawn inherited it from his adventuring uncle.)
- I need to write up my more complicated version & post it - it charges an estate tax on larger amounts banked in Basra when you die.
- Here's what I wrote about Sindbad for The One Hundred.