- 2012: 38th
- 2010: 53rd
- 2005: 26th
- appeared on all three lists
- rank: 1915
- rating: 6.54
- reprinted as Alhambra: The Card Game
Why It's On The List
- A nifty stock market game (shades of Acquire) with four kinds of currency used to buy the various stocks. Due to the very straightforward decisions (do I buy stock or take cash?), it moves along at a brisk pace even with a full table of six players.
Tips & Tricks:
- You can't collect every type of stock & win - you must specialize.
- Forcing ties cuts the value of the stock to the tied players - sometimes, you can buy up a single stock to keep your opponent in check..
- I'm on the record in multiple places how much I dislike the re-imagining of this game as the Spiel des Jahres-winning Alhambra. The addition of the walls both slow the game down and make it more difficult to fight for particular types of stock (as you must factor in the configuration of the wall).
- I have not played the newest version of this game, Alhambra: The Card Game. Evidently, the changes are ones we'd already made to Stimmt So! as variants from Alhambra..
- Here's what I wrote about Stimmt So! for The One Hundred.