- 2012: 37th
- 2010: 98th
- 2005: prior to publication
- rank: 1065
- rating: 6.46
- in print
Why It's On The List
- It's like Hellboy, Harry Turtledove & Halo rolled into one... a plethora of pre-painted minis coupled with a terrific mapboard system for line of sight, all set in a a crazy alt-history universe.
Tips & Tricks:
- You MUST get the Revised Rules... they substantially improve the game (and all of the most recent expansions are designed for the Revised Rules.).
- Make sure you understand the strengths & weaknesses of the character(s) you control - just like a RPG, you need to play the character, not simply your favorite style of combat.
- The expansions are not strictly necessary - but they sure are nifty. I'm really enjoying the new Shogunate faction. (The picture above is a mix of various factions & expansions.)
- There are two novels set in the alt-history universe of Tannhauser - one of which has not yet been published.
- Here's what I wrote about Tannhauser for my 2010 Top 100 list.