- 2014: 29th
- 2012: did not appear
- 2010: did not appear
- 2005: 73rd
- rank: 87
- rating: 7.48
- out of print?
Why It's On The List
- I'm not sure why Ra jumps on & off this list... it's a splendid auction game that scales well from 3-5 players and is filled with tension and constant reevaluation of values.
Tips & Tricks:
- Timing is everything. Seriously.
- My first play of Ra was 90 minutes - which was miserable and turned me off the game for a good year or so. When I finally got to play it at normal speed (30-45 minutes), it jumped considerably in my estimation.
- There are times (particularly in the final epoch) where winning an auction simply to trade up for a better sun is a good idea. These do not happen as often as I see people making these kinds of trades.
- There are two spin-off games from the Ra family:
- Here's what I wrote about Ra for The One Hundred.
- There is an iOS app - which is OK but very slow.