- 2014: 31st
- 2012: prior to publication
- 2010: prior to publication
- 2005: prior to publication
- rank: 4711
- rating: 6.85
- in print
Why It's On The List
- a two-player wargame with elements of tower defense, resource management, and lots & lots of destruction... defend your asteroid while demolishing your opponent.
Tips & Tricks:
- This is a Russian game that was Kickstarted in an international version last year - and is finally a little easier to locate a copy here in the States.
- There are multiple ways to defeat your opponent - some of them are more obvious than others. Part of the fun is finding the less obvious ways.
- The Kickstarter versions of the game came with some extra variant cards - they are fun but not necessary. The base game is great "as is".
- Learning how to properly position your clones to give yourself a variety of options each turn is a key to winning. By the same token, cutting off your opponent from options is a splendid way to ensure victory.
- I think that my review of Septikon is one of the best pieces of board game review writing that I've done - go take a look!