Im Reich der Wüstensöhne
- 2014: 30th
- 2012: 14th
- 2010: 22nd
- 2005: prior to publication
- rank: 2914
- rating: 6.52
- out of print
Why It's On The List
- As much as I love Entdecker (and I loved it enough to put it in 42nd position on this list in 2012), I love this gamer-friendly take on desert nomads & the struggle for water & goods even more.
Tips & Tricks:
- The name literally means "in the realm of the desert sons". And while the game rules are in German, almost all of the actual components are language-neutral.
- This is designed by Klaus Teuber - the same guy who gave us The Settlers of Catan.
- There is one other game in this series: "In the Realm of the Jade Goddess" - which is a little more of a family game. There was supposed to be a third game - "In the Realm of the Demons" - but it was never published.
- Water is your friend - do not (if you can help it) run out of water.
- Camels are also your friend - you'll need some in order to win the game.
- I need to actually write a review of this game...