- 2014: 33rd
- 2012: prior to publication
- 2010: prior to publication
- 2005: prior to publication
- rank: 311
- rating: 7.45
- in print
Why It's On The List
- A fast-moving game of space conquest with built-in variety and room for great tactical play. And I love the cover art.
Tips & Tricks:
- Thanks to the modular board format, the game works like a charm with 2, 3 or 4 players.
- The combat system is pro-attacking... wise players will take advantage of this to slow down opponents, even if it doesn't directly benefit your plans for placing quantum cubes.
- Learning how to use the "free" ship powers is the key to playing well. They are easy to overlook in your first play.
- The technology cards may seem out of balance at first - but each card can be very helpful when paired with the right strategic and tactical play. I'm constantly finding new ways to combine card powers and ship powers.
- When I say "fast", I'm not kidding. A long game of Quantum lasts an hour.
- I haven't written much about Quantum - which is really too bad. It's a great, great game.
- The Void expansion - available through the BGG shop - is a nifty addition to the game.
- There's also a nice online implementation on Board Game Arena.