Mystery Rummy: Al Capone & the Chicago Underworld
- 2014: 64th
- 2012: 39th
- 2010: 55th
- 2005: 54th
- appeared on all four lists
- rank: 1226
- rating: 6.88
- out of print - but it's about to come back!
Why It's On The List
- This is my favorite of the Mystery Rummy series... mostly because it feels a bit like Canasta (possibly my favorite standard deck card game) in how difficult it is to hide key cards from your opponent(s).
Tips & Tricks:
- In my opinion, this is the easiest of the Mystery Rummy games to teach to non-gamers.
- While MR: Al Capone is a great 2-handed game and a wonderful partnership game, it drags on way too long with three players.
- Wyatt Earp is a cousin to this series of games & is very enjoyable as well.
- Thanks to the Kickstarter for Escape from Alcatraz (the newest Mystery Rummy), the original four games are being reprinted!
- Here's what I wrote about the Mystery Rummy series for The One Hundred.