Friday, November 21, 2014

#67: Battle Beyond Space (Mark's 100 - 2014)

Battle Beyond Space

Mark's Ranking
  • 2014: 67th
  • 2012: did not appear
  • 2010: prior to publication (but I had the prototype at 28th place)
  • 2005: prior to publication
  • rank: 2626
  • rating: 6.58
Print Status
  • in print
Why It's On The List
  • Have a massive multiple armada space battle... in 60 minutes. With almost no luck.
Tips & Tricks:
    • Important safety tip: I was a long-time playtester on this game... it's not my baby but it certainly feels like it.
    • I do wish the colors of two of squadrons in the blue fleet weren't so dang close. I need to use a Sharpie to mark one of them.
    • Like Catan, initial placement is important. You have to make wise choices based on your special power and your judgement about the relative aggressiveness of your closest foes.
    Extras
    • I wrote an ode to joy about the publication of Battle Beyond Space on my blog back in 2009.

    No comments: