O Zoo le Mio
- 2014: 65th
- 2012: 95th
- 2010: did not appear
- 2005: 96th
- rank: 867
- rating: 6.65
- I don't think it's still officially "in print" - but you can get a copy from Amazon.com
Why It's On The List
- lovely graphics & components combine with "in the fist" auctions & tile-laying to make a zoo-building game that's relatively quick (45 minutes) and always interesting to play...
Tips & Tricks:
- Yes, there are problems with the income system (you get $ based on the number of tiles in your zoo) and the escalating point values (scoring is similar to Acquire) in the later rounds - but in such a short game, part of your job is to plan to deal with both of those issues rather than whine about them when the game is over.
- Circular pathways are an important scoring opportunity - and they can't be taken away once they're built.
- The box says ages 9+... but my six-year-old enjoyed this game (when I helped him with tile placement).