- 2014: 69th
- 2012: 67th
- 2010: prior to publication
- 2005: prior to publication
- rank: 1193
- rating: 6.61
- OOP, I think
Why It's On The List
- A stripped-down & family-friendly use of the Race for the Galaxy mechanic - this time for city-building. It's fast (15 minutes or so) and has that potato-chip ("can't play just one time") quality.
Tips & Tricks:
- Tom Lehman (the designer) suggests that The City is "a 5 minute bit of strategy planning followed by a horse race to the end of the game."
- It's a lot easier to play if you use poker chips to track points.
- Tom also suggests that are at least 5 (maybe more) paths to victory built into the system.
- Be warned - there is not (yet) an English version of this game... and if German text frightens your fellow gamers, this will not be a comfortable fit for you.
- There are some rumblings about a new edition of this game (with a new theme) in English... but nothing solid.