Clash of the Gladiators
- 2014: 66th
- 2012: 81st
- 2010: 82nd
- 2005: did not appear
- rank: 3316
- rating: 5.87
- OOP but it's not real tough to find a copy
Why It's On The List
- Knizia at his dice-y best... it's an excuse to make gladiator movie jokes & beat on your friends for fun & profit.
Tips & Tricks:
- It's OK to make a crazed run at a dangerous animal on your turn - esp. if you're down to your last 1-2 gladiators in a group. If you win, you get the big "kill". If you lose, the points don't go to another player.
- You don't need to have a bunch of spears or tridents, just more than the other player. Don't get obsessed with them.
- Shields are good... there are only 8 in the game. You should draft shield-bearers first.
- There are people who've run computer simulations to figure out the best possible teams for the game - ignore those people. They suck the fun out of everything.
- Here's what I wrote about CotG for my 2010 Top 100 list.