- 2014: 72nd
- 2012: prior to publication
- 2010: prior to publication
- 2005: prior to publication
- rank: 548
- rating: 7.14
- in print
Why It's On The List
- A real-time dice-rolling game of space combat for teams of players set in the Space Cadets universe... 30 minutes of absolute sweat-inducing frenzy that almost always comes down to the wire.
Tips & Tricks:
- While my eldest son & I managed to play this two-player (one-on-one), even the designer (the always thoughtful Geoff Englestein) thinks that's crazy pants behavior. If you really want a 2-player Dice Duel, make sure you pick up the Die Fighter expansion (which includes a really nice fighter vs. fighter mode). Note: I helped (in a VERY minor way) playtest the expansion - it's worth your hard-earned gaming dollars.
- This really is a TEAM game - working together makes all the difference.
- As always, you don't want to play a game like this (real-time dice-rolling) with people who cheat. Actually, I don't like to play ANY game with people who cheat, so that pretty much covers it for me.
- I wrote a review of Space Cadets: Dice Duel for the Opinionated Gamers website.