Thursday, February 07, 2008

Five & Dime 2007: Wide Angle Lens (Eight Year Pix)

These graphs cover 2007 (top bar) through 2000 (bottom bar). The bar is the percentage of players reporting who played the game 5+ times in the given year. The games here first appeared on the Five & Dime lists in 2000.

Battle Cry (AH)
Carcassonne (includes expansions but not stand-alone "cousins")
Cartagena (includes Cartagena 2)
Citadels
Lord of the Rings (includes expansions)
Princes of Florence
Taj Mahal
Tichu
Web of Power (includes China)
Zertz

4 comments:

ironcates said...

Tichu is really bucking the trend. Do you have that Mark? I'd like to try it.

Mark (aka pastor guy) said...

No, but I have Gang of Four, which is similar & which I enjoy more.

Now all the Tichu fans are properly cued to come on in & jump me. :-)

ironcates said...

BTW, I've been playing RAGE and there's two different rule sets. I like the game and I imagine you probably played the German Rules rather than the International. I might urge you to give it another try. The change rage/ out rage/ wild rage are not that choatic IMO.

Anonymous said...

Mark,
I read your comment about liking Gang of Four more than Tichu and immediately thought I needed to reply. Then I saw your second line and laughed out loud.