Saturday, September 20, 2008

Mark Jackson, Pastor By Day, Web Surfer By Nite

Shari was watching a DVD (Ever After, if you must know) so I decided to poke around a bit & dig up some stuff on the Web. Here's my reactions:
  • The trailer for Watchmen is pretty darn spectacular... though I'm still unsure they can capture the majestic sweep of the 12 issue miniseries in 2.5 hours.
  • From the "Come eat me, I'm a delicious pizza" files: Microsoft's "I'm a PC" campaign actually produced on Macs. (Thanks to Will Mitchell for pointing this out.)
  • I want to see Miracle at St. Anna - I've always enjoyed Spike Lee's direction when he's given some money & a decent script (Malcolm X, Inside Man).
  • Somebody's doing a Monopoly documentary with the punny title of "Under the Boardwalk."
  • Andrew Peterson's yet to be released album, Resurrection Letters, Part II, is available to listen to online. It's got the sound/feel of his Christmas album, Behold the Lamb of God, without the Christmas-y-ness.
  • I've been thinking about High School Musical 3 - which I fully realize is a giant ATM for the Disney Corporation. On one hand, it's a giant opportunity for synergistic marketing. On the other hand, it's a Mickey Rooney/Judy Garland "let's put on a show" movie updated for the 21st century. (And, I'd much rather have this generation of kids grow up on a film whose primary message is "be yourself" rather than the one that defined my generation - Grease. Yep, while we all did the Hand Jive, we were ingesting the lovely, life-affirming message that "changing who you are for the sake of keeping a girlfriend/boyfriend is a good thing." Blech.)
  • And in the find of the night, somebody has been putting some "ol' skool" CCM videos up on YouTube - Crumbacher, Daniel Amos & in esp. good new for me, Prodigal! Here's a sample... (note: this is a video produced by a band back in 1986, before major money went into video production for CCM. Ignore the shoddy production values & enjoy the creativity and the music.)

No comments: