- 2012: 91st
- 2010: 49th
- 2005: prior to publication
- rank: 478
- rating: 6.83
- in print
Why It's On The List
- Stunning beautiful game about pirates racing around collecting treasure that manages to have plenty of fighting without feeling like it's a "fighting game".
Tips & Tricks:
- The extra treasure cards (a giveaway expansion) are nice but not necessary - in fact, a couple of them probably unbalance the game.
- Don't over-think this one... often, you're simply making the best of bad choices due to a small hand size & unfriendly dice. Still, that doesn't take away from my enjoyment of the game.
- If you have a copy of the game, take one of the pirate decks and lay the cards out end to end, matching the pictures. It makes a long pirate mural... just another lovely art direction touch in a game that is full of them!