Thursday, March 08, 2012

Games R Me: The Introduction

This post was originally written for a gaming weekend at my church (back in January)... it's the intro to a couple of posts about the intersection of gaming & faith.

By the time most of you read this, I'll have been playing games for 48 hours. Well, not 48 hours straight - I do take time to sleep & eat - but on a gaming weekend like this, I'd guess that I spend 14+ hours each day sitting at the table rolling dice, drawing cards, and making bad decisions that lead to my eventual loss.

And I love it. I've been playing games since I was a little kid, thanks to a grandmother who loved cards (she taught me how to shuffle) and would get down on the floor to play whatever I asked... and to an aunt who bought me my first "bookshelf" game those many, many years ago.

In fact, thinking of my Grandma Jackson reminds me of a couple of important gaming/Jesus related thoughts... and I've decided to share them with you!

No comments: