- 2012: 93rd
- 2010: 86th
- 2005: 47th
- appeared on all three lists
- rank: 193
- rating: 7.25
- in print
Why It's On The List
- It's a sprawling game of city development with a simple rules & a great story arc.
Tips & Tricks:
- The game can punish new players - mistakes are costly. You need to anticipate when you're going to gain people from neighboring cities that will overwhelm your ability to feed them.
- The only potential problem with the game is the clogging of the card display... but there are numerous ways to fix that with house rules.
- Gerd Fenchel has two published designs - the very gamer-friendly La Citta & the very family-friendly Kraut & Reuben (about planting vegetable gardens).
- Here's my post on the game for my 2010 Top 100 list.