- 2012: 92nd
- 2010: 78th
- 2005: 13th
- appeared on all three lists
- rank: 156
- rating: 7.63
- OOP - but available in a new version, Airlines: Europe
Why It's On The List
- Alan Moon took the design work he'd put into Airlines (his homage to Sid Sackson's Acquire) and fleshed it out into a beautiful & playable stock market/push your luck game about building rail lines across the United States.
Tips & Tricks:
- There are some helpful rules clarifications that smooth out the (very) few rough spots in the game - dealing with useless track cards & how you obtain shares of Union Pacific. You can check out the blog posts I reference below.
- I have not yet had the opportunity to play Airlines: Europe - I hope to do so in the next month or so.
- Here's the posts I wrote for The One Hundred & my Top 100 in 2005.
- I took information about Union Pacific that was originally posted on my now defunct website & put it on my blog - there are three posts worth: Rules & Variants, Union Pacific: Strategery, and Dave Arnott & Winton L.'s 2 player variant.