Tuesday, March 13, 2012

#88: The Broadway Game (Mark's 100 - 2012)

The Broadway Game

Mark's Ranking
  • 2012: 88th
  • 2010: did not appear
  • 2005: 58th

BoardGameGeek

  • rank: 3377
  • rating: 6.93

Print Status

  • way OOP

Why It's On The List

  • I bought this originally out of the clearance bin at a Toys'R'Us - and I've probably squeezed every penny of value out of it in the past 25 years. It's a roll'n'move investment game that uses 10% shares in Broadway shows - investors share in the profits & the losses. The game can be pretty vicious, but my wife & I have had great success introducing it to both gamer & non-gamer friends.

Tips & Tricks:

    • Though the box suggests you can play this with 2-6 players, lots of experience says that 4-5 is best.
    • You need to have at least one show that you control (produce) and be invested in shows with all of the other players in preparation for the endgame.

    Extras

    • For a long time, I kept DETAILED stats on paper about each game we played of this... each player had an average ending total, a win/loss record, and the like. This was our obsession.
    • In fact, I taught my wife to play The Broadway Game before she was my wife!

    1 comment:

    huzonfirst said...

    Wow, I haven't thought about this game for a long time. Pretty good for a roll 'n' move and the theme is attractive. My copy was so old that it had Mike Farrell's name on the cover!