Sunday, March 04, 2012

#97: Olympia 2000 (Mark's 100 - 2012)

Olympia 2000 (v. Chr.)

Mark's Ranking
  • 2012: 97th
  • 2010: did not appear
  • 2005: did not appear

BoardGameGeek

  • rank: 2841
  • rating: 6.13

Print Status

  • incredibly OOP

Why It's On The List

  • it's a simple hand-management filler card about sending competitors to the Olympics... every time I play it, it makes me smile.

Tips & Tricks:

  • Sometimes it pays to lose an event in order to have the right to choose the next event in the queue.

Extras

  • This is a filler game that deserves a nice reprint - esp. with the Olympics coming this summer!

2 comments:

Blott said...

I believe I bought this one in a geeklist auction specifically because I remembered you saying good things about it. I did find our first play to be fun, but Top 100 seems awfully high. Maybe I'll sing a different tune when I've played it more.

Mark (aka pastor guy) said...

I have fun literally every time I play it (including last night w/my son)... and it works well with 2-5 players.