- 2014: 79th
- 2012: did not appear
- 2010: did not appear
- 2005: prior to publication
- rank: 1551
- rating: 6.30
- OOP (but very easy to find a copy at a decent price)
Why It's On The List
- A hand-management & push-your-luck game that moves at a nice clip - especially for a Martin Wallace design.
Tips & Tricks:
- I personally don't chase the horsemanship chit - the potential downside isn't worth the positives. Others feel differently.
- Toledo is one of those games where the "speed" of the game can completely change your game plan. If someone is pushing the game end timer, you must change gears and maximize points - or cooperate with other players to slow them down.
- The theme is not exactly pasted-on... but it isn't deeply integrated, either. What this game is (for me) is fun.
- I wrote a nice blurb about Toledo following my first play of the game in a post entitled The Good, the Mediocre and the Ones with a Nice Personality.