- 2014: 81st
- 2012: prior to publication
- 2010: prior to publication
- 2005: prior to publication
- rank: 707
- rating: 7.07
- in print? (see below)
Why It's On The List
- This was the first game to take the deck-building mechanic from Dominion and create a game with a thematic arc... too bad it wasn't released by a major publisher for nearly 3 years.
Tips & Tricks:
- Arctic Scavengers has experienced somewhat of a resurgence in the last year, thanks to some very positive video reviews and fans campaigning for the expansion to be published. (That's why I'm not sure about the 'in print' status.)
- Deciding when to fight is key - there is a definite memory element to the game which can get tricky when playing with four players.
- There are multiple expansion levels in the box as published - they add some interesting twists. I'm not sure the Building stuff is entirely successful, but it does flesh out the theme really well - and theme is one of the strong points of this very enjoyable design.
- I wrote a little bit about Arctic Scavengers in my Gathering 2013 recap post.