- 2014: 84th
- 2012: 62nd
- 2010: 68th
- 2005: 49th
- appeared on all four lists
- rank: 1019
- rating: 6.70
Why It's On The List
- An interesting mix of exploration game & puzzle game (how do I convert resources & moves into points?) with lovely old-school Goldsieber production.
Tips & Tricks:
- Do not play this with 5 players - ever. Many of the bad attitudes about this game exist courtesy of playing with 5. (It's best with 3... though 2 or 4 work just fine.)
- You can win without ever reaching the temple... but the more players there are in the game, the less well this works.
- My younger son picked up on this really well... he and his brother think that Goldland and Agricola are "kind of like Minecraft board games".
- Here's what I wrote about Goldland for The One Hundred.