- 2014: 87th
- 2012: prior to publication
- 2010: prior to publication
- 2005: prior to publication
- rank: 562
- rating: 7.10
- in print
Why It's On The List
- an unbelievably simple city-building game with a variety of tactical options and lightning fast play
Tips & Tricks:
- The value of various cards changes with the number of players in the game - most noticeably the red (restaurant) cards. Play accordingly!
- You don't have time to get distracted into building the "monster" play - you just need to build your landmarks.
- You don't have to build your landmarks in order - in fact, there is a viable strategy where you NEVER roll both dice, so you don't need to bother with your cheapest landmark until the end of the game.
- Machi Koro was one of my Best New (to Me!) Games of 2013.