- 2014: 96th
- 2012: 49th
- 2010: 61st
- 2005: prior to publication
- rank: 1322
- rating: 6.44
- out of print (but pretty easy to find a copy on BGG)
Why It's On The List
- a dice game with opportunities to manage your risks... and a really neat movement mechanic that makes for some great board play... and a nicely done theme
Tips & Tricks:
- If you can pull it off, always have a coin so you can get in on tavern runs.
- Don't forget you can pay a coin to skip your turn!
- Extra sailors are the key to winning - don't pass them up & don't set other players up to get them easily.
- Rum & Pirates is my favorite Stefan Feld game... which is funny, because for most hardcore gamers, it's the one they like the least.
- If you've got five players who are not prone to downtime, it's a great game. Otherwise, stick to 3-4 players on this one.