- 2014: 91st
- 2012: did not appear
- 2010: new to me
- 2005: new to me
- rank: 3048
- rating: 6.16
- not sure about the print status... it looks like the publisher (Adlung) still has it available, but that's in Germany
Why It's On The List
- the name means "Magic Sword & Dragon Egg" - and it's a fantasy-themed game of auctions, negotiation and engine-building that has won my two sons over
Tips & Tricks:
- There are two components to playing Z&D well:.
- remember that you can negotiate - but never trust that the player following you in the turn order will honor your deal
- remember there is a certain level of engine-building that must be done in order to be successful - just saving up energy to zap monsters for victory points will not win you the game
- I am a huge fan of both expansion boxes - they add some great twists to the base system that increase the variety of paths to victory. They do, admittedly, add some length to the game.
- I haven't written much about this game, either... sigh.